Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 5 - Dec 31

 Worship song - at New Year's
Worship song - con poder
New year - countdown (which we actually missed haha)


Dear Sovereign God,

There's no one like You King Jesus!  Awesome God!  Day 5 I planned on visiting Sundar's prayer seminar, and then Evangelizing Using the Gospel of John.  I noticed that every single seminar I attended had to do with prayer/spiritual warfare.  Sundar's seminar was by far, the most informative seminar at Urbana!  He got a standing ovation which he ponited to Christ as he was receiving it.  But more so, unbeknownst to me, today was day I got my calling--of sorts.  Again, God answers in ways we never expect.  This is what happened.

Sundar's seminar was in the Millennium hotel, jammed pack with people!  I was sitting against the wall, just near the door.  About 10 minutes as I was taking notes, I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit that made me both tear again--but this time, it was a feeling of I ought to be here, this was my calling--to be a prayer warrior.  So there I was thinking, but I am so far from praying like i ought to.  Yet the more I think of it, the more it made sense--that's why I attended all prayer seminars/spiritual warfare seminars, that's why my prayer requests during family group time had to do with me being faithful in prayer, that's probably even why I subliminally started this blog in the form of a prayer even before I went to Urbana!  Wow--God answered me differently than i expected.  Does that mean I'm not meant for missions?  No, I would still go if God called me, or if it made sense to go.  But like an adopted child finding out who their true identity is, I think I found mine.

God help me pray like Jesus did, to pray big, pray bold, and pray Scripture.  Thank You LORD for the Urbana experience.  Use all of us for Your glory to help build Your kingdom of righteousness by spreading the Good News that Jesus died for our sins, and that through the cross, we have eternal life to those who believe in His Name.  In Jesus Name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment